Cynthia S. RosePartner
Cynthia Rose has always wanted to work for, and with, people. The professions of Law and Nursing accomplish those goals. Beginning initially as a registered nurse and practicing nursing in Nebraska, Chicago, Minneapolis, Evansville for 13 years, Ms. Rose learned a lot about nursing and medicine as well as a lot about people. This background assists with interpreting medical records, terminology, specialties, and subtleties of the health care system.
As law became even more integral to the health care systems, Ms. Rose obtained her law degree and has been practicing law for 28 years. She has used her experience and knowledge in nursing along with her knowledge and experience with the legal system to work for, and with, her clients.
The health care system and the legal system are both complicated at times and having experience and knowledge in both areas is advantageous to the clients that Ms. Rose represents.
During her career as a lawyer, Ms. Rose has represented many clients with claims such as:
- Claims against manufacturers of silicone breast implants for clients who developed diseases.
- Claims of injuries occurring because of medical mistakes. These mistakes have resulted in the death of a child or baby, as well as severe brain injury to infants.
- Claims of failure to diagnose, or a delay in diagnosing, diseases such as cancer where time can mean the difference between life and death.
- Claims resulting from the administration of the wrong medications or medications that were administered incorrectly.
- Claims that instruments, devices, sponges were left inside patients during surgery causing injury and the need for more surgery.
- Claims of injuries from car collisions that were not the fault of the injured person which cause lost wages, medical bills, permanent injury.
- Claims of delayed medical treatment which caused the death or injury to a newborn baby when health care providers did not respond promptly.
- Claims of unqualified or poorly trained health care workers who cause harm and even death to patients.
- Claim of a spouse whose wife died of a respiratory arrest after having an outpatient surgical procedure.
- Clients planning for their future and dealing with family member estates.
J.D., University of Indiana, Indianapolis, 1989
MSN (Master’s Degree in Nursing), University of Illinois, Chicago, 1977
BSN (Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing), University of Nebraska, Omaha, 1973
US District Court, Southern District, 1989
State of Indiana, Registered Nurse, 1979 to current
- Brown County Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers
- American Association of Justice (formerly American Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Order of Barristers
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum©
- The Top Trial Lawyers in America©
- Rotarian of the Year
- Medical Malpractice Guide to Misdiagnosis Cases, August, 2011, NBI
- Personal Injury Cases: Calculating and Proving Damages, January, 2007, NBI
- Personal Injury Trials: Getting the Most Out of the Evidence, May, 2008, NBI
- Damages in Personal Injury, September, 2012
- Litigating Slip, Trip, and Fall Cases in Indiana, March, 2013
- Keys to Successful Pre-Trial Preparation, August, 2004
- Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Suit, September, 2012
- Member of a County Health Board
- Volunteer for God’s Grace, a group that provides and distributes free clothes, coats, shoes, toiletries, for children preparing for a new school year
- Elected to a County Council for one term and served as its president.
- Has been a member of the Boards of Humane Society, YMCA, and Rotary Club.
- Member of the Community Band, clarinet section for 11 years.